Friday, November 11, 2011

Mary Blair for Disney

Mary Blair is one of those people who's a part of your childhood with you really knowing it. She was an illustrator for Disney and did some beautiful work. I've been wondering what to ask my parents for this Christmas and I think I'm going with Walt Disney's Cinderella with her original illustrations. Or maybe her illustrated version of Alice in Wonderland because I'm obsessed with Golden Age children's literature.

I'm sure you think I should feel weird asking my parents for a children's book at the age of 22, but I actually asked for (and received) Robert Sabuda's Peter Pan pop-up book. I have no shame.

Next time you're reliving your childhood on the It's a Small World ride at Disney, thank Mary because she designed it.


(image source)



No comments:

Post a Comment