Wednesday, September 19, 2012

House Envy: Wallpaper Patterns

The wallpaper of today is not the same as it once was. The wallpaper lining your mother uses in her woefully dated bathroom because those little ducks on the wall still remind her of your childhood is my nightmare. Since I was old enough to know better, I've avoided that wallpaper like the plague. (It only takes one wallpaper lover to infect another before we're all sticking tacky designs to our walls. Keep yourselves protected, people.)

But today, people practice covering full walls and I've grown to like it. I'm not sure if I'd ever indulge in a full-pattern wall, but I have a healthy respect for the aesthetic. It can really bring some character to a room, especially in an era where all nice rooms are starting to look the same. (If I see anymore stacked books with cute bowls on top of them, I may scream.) But they're all better than any room decor I've ever had, so I can't really judge.




images: 1 2 3 4

No comments:

Post a Comment