Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Spring/Summer 2013 Favorites: Jason Wu

This is part of my series of SS13 runway show favorites. You can see them all here.

There's never been a Jason Wu collection I didn't like. Since I'm picky about everything, that says a lot for how much I like him. His most recent collection really spoke to me with the dark colors and beiges, accentuated with sparkly overlays and leather.

With so many designers dead set on adding more and more to each piece, it's hard to even realize who their buyer is sometimes. I don't know a lot of women wearing 20 pound dresses, on or off the red carpet. Sometimes, it's best to start basic and use one thing, like the sheer fabrics Wu took advantage of in this collection, to make a standout statement that doesn't go overboard.

I love drama in a runway dress as much as the next person, but how many people are going to buy it?


No comments:

Post a Comment