Thursday, July 11, 2013

Editorial: Rosie's Direction


At first, I laughed at the cover when it referred to Rosie Huntington-Whiteley as an actress. She's a MODEL! (A really good model, actually.) Yes, she was the in the last Transformers film, but she spent the entire film posing on top of cars while debris kissed her porcelain skin. (You can read a review I wrote of the film for more rants.)

After I was done shaking my head at her audacity, I really enjoyed the photos. Glamour has really stepped their game up when it comes to targeting a younger audience, and these fun photos are a reflection of that. I have younger sisters and I still dream of working in teen magazines, so I'm pretty familiar with One Direction. I've always been impressed by how perfectly they're marketed. Just look at this photoall of the guys are wearing denim-on-denim, but it's done to fit their personal style.





No comments:

Post a Comment