Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Mary Kay Diaries: A New Start



My little sister after my first skincare appointment! Isn't she glowing?
I'm officially a Mary Kay beauty consultant!

I wanted to announce this earlier, but I've had a busy couple of weeks.

This is strange, right? It's not like I'm bored and looking for things to do and I'm sure most consultants you met were at least in their thirties.

Well, it's a new dawn for me and for Mary Kay. The company is really evolving by following runway trends (if they weren't, I'd know for sure) and trying to appeal to more ages. I spent a lot of time researching the company, reading blogs and I even watched a TV movie called Hell on Heels: The Battle of Mary Kay. (It's very loosely based on Mary Kay; the whole thing is really just a comedy that uses bits of her to create the persona.)

In the end, I decided to go for it. Before I even signed up, I'd been listening to the "Roar"/"Brave" mash-up on repeat. I think I was ready to take a big leap. When my co-worker Jessica told me about the opportunity, I felt like it was fate. After research and prayer, I know this is something that's supposed to be part of my life right now.

SO...

If you want to host a party for you and your friends (Hostesses get a free gift!), let me know! It doesn't cost anything and it's a great way for you to find out how to take better care of your skin and learn some simple makeup tips. Did I mention it's free?

AND...

If you'd like to learn more about joining Mary Kay, let me know! My goal is to move up in the company, so I'm looking for three ladies to join me. I promise you'll always know the latest beauty trends, skin care tips and any other tidbits because I consume magazines and news stories all day. Also, I can you can benefit from my graphic design/social media skills. If you're looking to make some cash, this is a great way to do it. I'm already bringing in money and I just got my stuff in the mail a week ago. I'll write more about that next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment