Tuesday, November 22, 2011

J. Crew Gets Romantic


I found these photos on my computer from a while ago (around a year ago, actually) that I always wanted to blog, but never did. I looked on Netflix and The Romantics was available to watch instantly, so I watched it. The story line wasn't really good and the cast definitely didn't spend enough time together before filming because it was obvious they were eight strangers pretending to be friends. The bonus was that the screenwriter, Galt Niederhoffer, definitely had a gift with words, which probably comes from the fact that it's based on the novel he wrote. He also directed the film. His closeness to the project may have blinded him from realizing the cast lacked real chemistry.

Regardless, they got some great press from a J. Crew feature before the film released. I love how the brand can make sparkly pieces look classy and not like you just came back from Las Vegas.


(image courtesy J. Crew)





No comments:

Post a Comment