Friday, January 27, 2012

This Week...

image via Feather Magazine Tumblr


• I wrote: "Oh, Yes!" or "Oh, No": Rihanna's Thug Life Tattoo, Trend Spy: Faux Fur Vests 

• I had a lot of work to do over the weekend and a conference call Monday night, but I still made time to relax. One of my New Year's resolutions is to try to work less. It's been a big struggle so far.

I read the first book in the Mortal Instruments trilogy, City of Bones. My thoughts.

• I'm still in my gushy/romance/Sci-Fantasy/YA phase, so I bought Fallen. In my defense, it was on sale and Barnes & Noble doesn't realize that I need to read Sweetly because they don't carry it. Jerks.

• Since her computer wasn't cooperating, our Beauty Director (@BeckyNicoleee) came to my place for the staff conference call Monday and we finally got meet. She's a super sweetheart. 

• I went to Target for a book and left with a DIY project for Valentine's Day. I think I'll make it a Feather feature for next month. If anything, it'll be a nice gift for my roommates. Plus, I got two small Batman pails. I don't know what I'm going to do with them, but THEY'RE BATMAN PAILS! Just their existence is a gift to the world.

FINALLY got a paycheck for a story I wrote a month ago. You can see it here (the story, not the paycheck). I blame this ridiculously late payout on the fact that the people in the front office of my complex are totally incompetent and they put the mail in our boxes.

• I started watching Downton Abbey, which I assumed was for old fogies. (Who else watches PBS at night?) Now I'm addicted to it and currently on the second season. I guess I'm officially one of the fogies.




No comments:

Post a Comment