Friday, February 17, 2012

Fitness Friday: The Beginning

A picture of me from high school. My parents
monitored my food consumption back then.
I'm not going to deny it, for the past four years I've have been really unhealthy. I ate out A LOT. I'm talking going to drive-thrus almost every day and regular late-night runs with friends to McDonald's for study breaks. The only exercise I got was walking around campus and when I graduated in May that was over.

I really wanted to be healthier and I tried right before Feather launched, but it's super hard work. Also, I never really made much of a lifestyle change. I still ate out once a week and wasn't cooking any healthy stuff at my house.

As if by magic, one of my friends gifted me with six months of his personal training expertise. The ultimate goal is for me to lose 30 pounds, which still isn't my goal weight, but is a HUGE step in the right direction.

I've only been working out and eating healthier since Sunday, but it's been really hard. I've been to the gym EVERY DAY! I'm there for at least an hour and a half. I woke up yesterday and my arms were so sore I couldn't extend them. My entire body hurts. This means I complain ALL the time and my poor trainer has to deal with it. Did I mention I don't pay him? He's totally getting the bad end of the deal.

My trainer's promised that in two weeks, this will start to get recognizably easier and my body will realize that I'm not going to coddle it anymore.

As I learn more about healthy living, like how to make tasty healthy food or how to stop dreaming about french fries, I'll be sharing it here on Fridays. Next week, look forward to seeing my actual exercise routine in full. And get ready to pity me because it's a BEAST.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment