Thursday, May 17, 2012

On the Real: Can Happy Days Please Get Here Already?


So, I've been totally MIA lately, but life has been crazy. I'm working like it's my job, guys. And everyone's quitting their jobs at Feather, so staffing is a nightmare. Whenever I hire one person, two quit. It's the law of the world. I call it Brianti's Law of Staffing Stress. It'll be published in the next issue of Fake Science Quarterly. Pick up a copy at your imaginary newsstand.

On the real, no one's quitting because they hate me and I love my staff, so I'm not bitter. Just overwhelmed with resignation emails. Like, seriously, I've been getting them every week. The selfish side of me wants everyone to stay forever, but my selfless side (I just wish you'd beat it, selfless side! You're not welcome here!), which is super huge, totally understands and wants everyone to be happy. Can you tell my hippie nature comes from the selfless side?

Between the magazine, relaunching Ruffled Feathers, getting interns ready to start their first editing cycle, doing social media for MyEveryzine and going to my actual job, I don't have time to do anything but work from home while I watch Bones. (Side note: I'm in love with Bones!)

Unfortunately, something's got to go. And I'm pretty sure I know what it is, but I'm in complete denial about it because I hate quitting. That's what quitters do and I am not a quitter. Until I quit one of these things. Then, you can call me Quitter Jones, or something else cute-yet-humiliating.

P.S. Dear Jeni & Rebecca: You're lovely. You're awesome. You've saved my life on several occasions and you worked really hard to keep my dream alive. I'll miss you on staff, but I hope you didn't think you could get rid of me so easily. Not a chance. xxxxx



"Happy Days Are Here Again/Get Happy" from Glee


TWITTER | TUMBLR | PINTEREST | SUBSCRIBE
image source

No comments:

Post a Comment