Friday, October 12, 2012

For Real Friday: Working Girl

I guess it's safe to let you all know nowI'm gainfully employed! (If I find out it's not safe, I'm going to put this back in draft form faster than you can say unemployed.) I know I planned to go to NYC in January, but things changed when I got home and I'm needed here right now. I'll get a lot of writing under my belt in my new position, so it's not like I'll be working completely out of my element.

Thankfully, I was blessed with this job right before I went stir crazy. I'm used to working almost 24/7. Seriously. The only time I even watch television is when I'm live tweeting for Feather or watching Hulu while doing work for Feather. But for the past three months I've actually been watching television on the couch. And I hate watching television. That's how I knew it was past time for me to make myself useful in the working world again.

The last three months have not been a breeze by any means. They've been tough on pretty much every front and I've tried not to let it get to me, but having a job will definitely alleviate some of my life's stresses. If only because it'll get me out of the house six days a week.

That's right, I only get one full day off and I plan to spend most of it sleeping. But that's probably not going to happen because I sleep next to the family computer and my mother can't start her day without trolling Facebook and waking me up for commentary on what photos she thinks are hilarious. They usually are not.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Bri! Nothing is going to happen before it is suppose to happen. The universe has a weird yet methodical way of push, pulling, nudging & guiding us along our journies to our ultimate destinies! It's all a part of God's grand scheme of things. His plans are often bigger than the ones we have for ourselves. He is in complete control. Keep your eyes on your prize. Speak it & claim it! It's yours in due time. Enjoy your lessons & experiences along the way. I love you!

    ReplyDelete