Wednesday, October 10, 2012

House Envy: Interiors from 'Sex and the City 2'

Oh, Sex and the City. I will always love you, in television and film form.
Sex and the City 2 got a lot of bad press, which I find annoying. Male comedies are totally offensive with almost no basis and have no redeeming moments, but a female comedy that doesn't reflect male comedy humor isn't allowed to do the same. It's just really unsettling. Yes, there were some offensive moments, but they were mostly for comedic purposes and there was a redeeming moment at the end that put it all in perspective. But we'll just ignore that and then fall over laughing when when the cast of The Hangover makes fun of developmentally challenged people.

OK, that's my feminist rant for the day.

Everyone may not be able to agree on how they feel about the television series or the films, but we can all agree the interior design makes your apartment feel like some sordid hole you somehow found yourself inhabiting. Or maybe that's just how I felt because all my apartments reminded me of hotels since I never seemed to have the time to dedicate to decorating. If I ever win the lottery Jeremy Conway, production designer for the film series and television series, will be enlisted to decorate my swanky New York apartment and the suburban mansion I purchase for my family. (I just need to play the lottery first. Right after I figure out exactly how those cards you use work.)

Anyway, here are some images from the interiors of Sex and the City 2, featured in ELLE DECOR.



No comments:

Post a Comment