Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Spring/Summer 2013 Favorites: Lanvin

I'm going to be going through some of my favorite fashion week shows, twenty-three to be exact. This will last throughout the rest of the year, I think, and will replace Color Story in the interim. 

Every time I hear or see Lanvin, I kick myself for missing their H&M collaboration. If you're not going to put more stores in the U.S., then stop taunting me with hollow promises of expanding your website purchasing abilities to America. Phew. I just needed to get that out.

Their SS13 collection has been called rebel classicism and designer Alber Elbaz called it "deconstructed classicism." I love how Lanvin creates a structured, box-like shape without ignoring a woman's curves. It's like Joan Crawford married Marilyn Monroe. I also love the looks that are subtle plays on the tuxedo without going into more obviously masculine-inspired Annie Hall/Jennifer Beals in Flashdance territory.


No comments:

Post a Comment