Friday, November 30, 2012

For Real Friday: My Newest Segment...Morning TV Producer

Since I left my position as a editing clerk for The New York Times in July, I've been amazed at how much God has blessed me. For a few months, I got to give my brain a little rest and do all the big sister things I didn't get to do when I was living four hours away, like take my sisters to dance practice or pick them up from school. Then, I got a part-time job at the local newspaper, that allowed me to get a lot of writing done and meet some really cool journalists.

Now, I'm already on to the next chapter. I applied for a job as a producer for a TV news station before I even moved back home. It was a huge surprise to get a call about it last month and an even bigger surprise to be offered the job the day before Thanksgiving.

I took some time to think about it while I was visiting family for the holidays and ultimately decided to take the job. I'll be the producer for the morning show. It has some cool segments that will help me to utilize my magazine experience and I'll get to learn how to do something completely new.

I came to this decision thanks to some amazing people who I'm blessed to have in my life. I'd like to extend a big thank you to: my parents, my aunt, my grandmothers, my cousin Kim, my friends Marissa, Stephanie, Braxton and Kat and everyone else who listened to my ramblings while I made up my mind. My editors at the paper where I worked were also really understanding and supportive of my decision, despite the fact that I'd only been with them for a short time.

I'm so excited to start this new position and take on this new challenge.

P.S. I've also got some big changes coming up for Feather soon!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Brianti! That's so exciting to begin a new chapter of your life and career =)

    ReplyDelete