Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year, New Goals




Happy New Year! I always love starting out with a clean slate. Usually, my goals are more about my personality. But I'm pretty much the person I want to be now. My biggest resolution is to focus on my health, which is only going to go downward as I age.

Every year, I choose a theme song for my life. Past ones have been "Live High" by Jason Mraz, "Almost There" from The Princess and the Frog soundtrack and "Little Wonders" by Rob Thomas. Since Queen B had such a great year, I really want to channel her work ethic in 2014, so how better than by choosing one of her songs? When I was trying to figure it out, "I Was Here" seemed to be the perfect fit. I think this is my year to leave my mark on the world.

This year, I also want to share my goals for the month with you guys. I think I'll feel more motivated to accomplish them if someone else knows about them. I'll repost it at the end of the month and check off things I accomplished.



• My unit's sales director has challenged us to throw 10 parties this month. I know I'll have at least two so far, so only eight more to go! Everyone who throws a party (just invite at least two friends) will receive a free gift. The more you invite, the better your gift will be.

• Little-known fact: I've been writing novels and short stories since I was 11 years old. I've had an idea for a YA novel for about a year, but I haven't gotten past character sketches. Right now, I'm focused on getting through two young adult books this month before I write anything. 


• My room is overrun with clothing from years ago because I'm a huge pack rat. I'm going to let go of some of the mess to clear the clutter from my life. I plan on handing it down to my sisters and donating anything they don't want.


• I've got a super-secret project that's been in the discussion phase for a few months with a former colleague of mine. Now that we have big-girl jobs, it's harder to find time, but we want to get some progress done this month. (Fingers crossed!)



What are you resolutions for the New Year?


No comments:

Post a Comment