Monday, September 22, 2014

Makeup Monday: The Egg-Shaped Sponge

Why, hello, there! It's been ages since I blogged, I know. But I've been busy with so many things, including the relaunch of the new www.feather-mag.com!

I'm back, though, and it's a great day to talk about makeup. (I still sell, Mary Kay, by the way!) We gave away a beautyblender on Feather a couple of years ago and I was instantly intrigued by the idea of an egg-shaped sponge for my foundation. Back then, I wore cream foundation, so it wasn't a good fit for me. 

Now that I wear liquid, I've forayed into the egg-shaped world and I cannot leave it behind. The egg offers an easier way to get full coverage because you can use the narrow ends to get into often ignored spaces, like the spot between your nose and corner of your eye. 

I've used it dry, but I prefer to do it when the sponge is damp. (The graphic below will show you the best way to do it.) You won't have to use as much of your product, which creates a more natural look and saves you money in the long run.

You can purchase the best version, a beautyblender (Sephora, $19.95), or you can go cheap by purchasing one at a beauty store. I got my first one at Ulta to make sure I liked using the egg-shaped sponge and later upgraded to a beautyblender.

What applicators do you use?







No comments:

Post a Comment