Friday, April 20, 2012

Editorial of the Day: How Could You Be So Heart-Lace?

Photos: Sarah Gadon by Chris Nicholls for Flare May 2012
I don't think about marriage too much. Frankly, it scares me more than The Ring did when I was in 7th grade (I literally just got over that film.), so it doesn't occupy my thoughts too much. But I do know when I do walk down the aisle (in many, many years), I'll be wearing lace. The hippie/revolutionary in me is obsessed with everything 1960s and lace was huge in wedding dresses back in the day. It still is, but when I saw Lauren Bacall wearing a lace wedding dress in How to Marry a Millionaire, my heart stopped. It's just such a beautiful fabric and I wish I had more occasion to wear it in my every day life.

I love how this editorials shows how differently lace can be styled. It's romantic by nature, but it can also be edgy, sexy and mysterious. I swear if I ever go to a masquerade ball, that black eye mask is mine. And the white dress.










No comments:

Post a Comment