Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Spring/Summer 2013 Favorites: Valentino


This is part of my series of SS13 runway show favorites. You can see them all here.

There's a reason they call  Valentino "The Last Emperor." He's constantly showing us how he earned the title by keeping his classic aesthetic, while still creating something new and fresh. Or maybe I'm just such an insane fangirl at this point he could send burlap sacks down the runway and I'd write about how amazing it was.

Inspired by the Rome of the designers' childhood, this line is pretty much perfection. Even the heavier pieces, which I usually hate, have a delicacy to them. Maybe it's because I was primed for heavier pieces because the designs went down the runway by weight, starting with simple slip dresses and ending with an extravagant white and blush dress that I'd live in if I didn't prefer the navy and white jumpsuit.


No comments:

Post a Comment