Friday, January 2, 2015

For Real Friday: 2015 Resolutions


Usually, I have my resolutions planned, but this year I didn't really feel the urge. Maybe it's similar to how Christmas begins to lose its allure as you get older. I have a couple of personal things I want to accomplish this year, but they don't have the same feeling of urgency as resolutions usually do.

This year I will: 

Stick up for myself more. I have a tendency to just let people get an attitude with me and refrain from ever addressing the disrespect. I sort of become this different (read: evil) person when I get angry, so I try not to go there because there's no telling what I may say. But this year I want to work more on finding the balance between standing up for myself and being an angry monster.

Learn to cook. I'm really terrible at cooking, so I rarely do it, but I've had this dream of being an expert baker since college. This is weird because I hate dessert and that accounts for most baked goods, but you can't pick your dreams. I was talking to one of my fellow journalists, Marissa, about her food blog and it made me want to try cooking again. I'll start small and see how it goes. 

Create more DIY Projects. I'm really big on wanting everything I have to be a reflection of my personality. Honestly, I also like having things no one else had. (I have stopped wearing items of clothing I saw someone else in before.) After I posted this last night, I stumbled across A Beautiful Mess, a craft blog, and it sparked something in me. If you want something, sometimes you just have to make it yourself. This year, I'm going to create more things. In a couple of year, maybe everything you see in my house will have been created by me. 


I feel a little strange about those being the only things I want to accomplish in my personal life this year, but I'll take it as a sign that I'm so close to being the person I want to be that I don't have much to work on anymore.

Fingers crossed that it all works out! What are your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment